Show Off Your Legs with a Thigh Lift
The thighs are often a trouble spot for weight loss and toning. If your diet and exercise efforts have not had the desired effect on shaping your thighs, Dr. David Allison can perform a thigh lift to re-contour your legs to a more pleasing shape.
What a Thigh Lift Can Correct
A thigh lift involves the removal of excess fat and skin to:
- Remove sagging skin
- Tighten the upper legs
- Create a more proportionate appearance
- Reduce painful upper thigh chafing
Thigh Lift Procedure
Every thigh lift patient is unique. During a Consultation, Dr. Allison will work with you to determine how your thighs are causing you emotional or physical distress and develop a surgical plan. Thigh incisions will be necessary to re-sculpt the thighs, and the location of those incisions will vary based on the location of the excess fat and skin. Dr. Allison will work hard to make the incisions in strategic locations so visible scarring is minimized.
- Once the incisions have been made, Dr. Allison will use power-assisted liposuction to remove excess fat.
- Underlying muscle tissue will be tightened.
- Allison will remove precise amounts of excess thigh skin to create a more youthful, toned appearance.
- The remaining skin will be re-draped into proper position and the incisions closed with sutures.
- Temporary drainage tubes may be inserted to help remove excess fluid build-up.
Thigh Lift Recovery
Immediately after surgery you will see a noticeable improvement in the shape and contour of your thighs. Expect the thighs will be bruised and swollen for 1-2 weeks. As healing progresses, your thighs will continue to look more toned and beautiful.
You can help speed your recovery by following all of Dr. Allison’s post-op instructions.
- Wear the compression garment that is supplied to you
- Promote healing by not smoking for at least 2-4 weeks (and avoid second-hand smoke)
- Keep the incision areas clean and dry
- Watch for signs of infection
- Applying antibiotic creams as directed
- Avoid lifting heavy objects or participating in strenuous activities for several weeks
Risks of Thigh Lift
You should always be informed about the potential risks of any surgical procedure. A thigh lift is no exception. Dr. Allison has performed hundreds of thigh lifts and takes precautions to minimize complications. Even so, you should be aware that thigh lift surgery can result in:
- Poor wound healing
- Changes in sensation
- Anesthesia risks
- Skin loss
- Fluid accumulation
Thigh lifts can greatly improve your self-confidence and make everyday activities more enjoyable. If you are struggling with thigh issues, contact us today to schedule a free Cosmetic Consultation and find out if a thigh lift in Northern Virginia is right for you.